Written by Jonathan E. Wright
Download version 2.05 of Zeus the helper or DM opponent Bot (370k).
Full instructions on how get Zeus up and running are included in the zip file.
This chap can be a loyal friend and now can be spawned as a DM opponent. He begins with the standard shotgun, and will pick any weapons he finds.
Try starting a Multiplayer game, spawning 4 DM opponents and 3 helper Bots. Then the mayhem starts, it's non stop noise and fragging!
Sometimes when a DM Bots frags you at close range, he'll walk up to as you lie on the ground, bend down and say 'That looks painful' or another one I saw was 'The last time I saw you momma she was in that same position'. The best taunt of all though, is when you hear him laughing at you from behind his hand whilst rocking back and forth.
Some of the enhancements over the previous versions.
- can pick up any item a player can pick up.
- knows how to jump intelligently across obstacles, down from ledges and into water.
- can fire all of the standard weapons, plus the plasma gun (included in this mod).
- knows when an object is unreachable.
- based on the player model -- uses all player frames.
- multiskin support for up to 16 skins.
- can swim -- follows and attacks under water.
- can jump out of water onto ledges.
- can navigate broken ground as easily as a human client.
- strafes and circle strafes while attacking.
- chooses its best weapon based on available weapons/distance.
- can use platforms, open secrets, shoot switches and push buttons.
- Has *totally new* movement code which makes it the smoothest and fastest bot ever made.
- can roam levels by itself, or follow the player.
- Advances or retreats based on distance from target.
- has all the off-color and corny comments expected from Zeus 1.0.
- can spawn up to 15 opponent and helper bots.
- opponent bots respawn when in deathmatch.
- can be told to attack with only an axe (and he's tough with it, too).
- can be told to stay or follow, glow, attack or not, teleport to owner, and report on his status.
- view toggle between bot's and player's view.
- opponent bots get their own unique name in a deathmatch.
- will not fire when owner or teamate is in between bot and enemy.
- helper bot automatically respawns after each level if he was active when the last level ended.
- bot leads target based on skill level.
- bot has a chance to miss with shotguns based on skill level.
- bot's cannot see invisible players until fired upon.
- if teamplay is set, opponent bot's will all be on the same team, verses the player.
- has a Holographic Heads Up Display system.