Here's how I installed the Reaper Bots...
- Create a new directory inside the Quake directory, called 'rpbot'
- Unzip the 'progs.dat' and 'autoexec.cfg' files to the 'rpbot' directory. Much easier to do if you have a prog like 7Zip.
- Create a batch file using 'edit' or 'notepad' as follows
quake -nojoy -game rpbot
Note: only include -nojoy if you're not using a joystick.
Save the batch file as something like 'reaper.bat' into the Quake directory.
- Start Quake by running the 'reaper.bat' file or create a new shortcut pointing to 'reaper.bat'.
- The keys will have been set to allow you to start up some bots.
- Start a multiplayer game, direct connect if you're playing alone, you can also set things like Frag limits etc before you start.
Frag Limits are especially interesting, because the game becomes a race to see who can reach the limit first and end the level.
You should see a message saying 'Server running Reaper Bots v0.8'
- Once the game has started, use these keys to control the bots.
- b addbot
- n add4bots
- m frags
- q top3
- v verbosebots
- o observer
- [ skinup
- ] skindown
- p skinmode
So press 'n' to add 4 bots and off you go!!!!
I hope this gets you going, the Reaper Bots are far more fun than the monsters in my opinion.
© Paul Margetson 2008-